We are certified at the Gold level – the highest level of Sustainability at Work certification offered by the city of Portland.
The city of Portland, Oregon offers three levels of Sustainability at Work certification to recognize a business's positive impact on the environment and our community. In order to qualify for each level, a business must be able to show that a certain number number of green actions have been taken.
Actions are divided up into six categories:
- Reduce/Reuse/Recycle: things like paperless alternatives and composting food scraps
- Water: things like equipping sinks with low-flow faucets
- Energy: weather-sealing doors, LED lighting, green power, carbon offsets
- Transportation: biking/carpooling/using public transport, providing filtered tap water rather than using a water delivery service or single use plastic bottles
- Community Engagement: things like donations to the local community and working with the disability community
- Employee Engagement: things like having a purchasing policy in place to guide green decision making
Three reasons to look for businesses with a Sustainability at Work certification
- By supporting businesses who share your commitment to the environment, you help make sustainable solutions more viable and available.
- You minimize your own impact on the environment.
- You help promote healthy, inclusive workplaces.